December 1, 2019
Using Card Controls
When you’re traveling and on-the-go, your card goes with you and should be protected. You can protect your debit card from fraud and misuse with Card Controls.
Why Should I Use Card Controls?
- Card Controls provides our members the ability to turn their debit card on/off through our online and mobile banking platforms within seconds. For example, if you misplaced your debit card, you can turn off your card until is found, or if you decide to order a new one.
- You can limit yourself to card use only at specific merchants, which can help prevent card misuse at stores you do not purchase from.
- Through online and mobile banking, you can set transaction types and block international transactions.
- Control your spending and create a budget that meets your financial goals.
- You’ll receive real-time notifications of when your card is being misused in a way you haven’t designated.
How to Use Card Controls
- Log in to our mobile banking app.
- Select “More” at the bottom and choose “Card Controls”.
- Toggle your card on or off.
- Tap “Set Declines and Alerts” to limit card use by merchant, transaction type, or location. You can also set transaction limits and notification alerts.
- Tap “Alert Delivery Options” to choose how you can receive them.
Start protecting yourself and your card today through the IFCU Mobile App, available on the Apple App Store, Google Play, and the Amazon Store.
Want more credit union information?
Subscribe to eNews