Teen Accounts – Ages 13 to 17
You’re in Control of Your Future.
If you’re between the ages of 13 and 17, our Teen Accounts are designed for you. With a Teen Account from Interior FCU, you are able to get started on saving up for whatever you want. Whether it’s a car, college, or something that’s just fun, you need to start racking up some money. Plus, start getting experience with a checking account and debit card– just another way to financial independence.
- We’ll fund your initial $25 deposit
- You’ll get a special quarterly newsletter
- You’ll receive a happy birthday email with a special offer
- If there is a $500 balance in your Teen Savings on your birthday, $5 will be deposited into that account.
- If there is a $1,000 balance in your Teen Savings on your birthday, $10 will be deposited into that account.
Teen Savings Account
From the minute you begin to accumulate money, whether it is gifted for life milestones or earned at a job, our Teen Savings Account teaches you how important it is to save your money. Plus, our Teen Savings Account gives you the opportunity to learn skills that will be with you the rest of your lives.
We’ll fund your initial $25 deposit!
Need to save for something specific? A Secondary Savings Account makes it easy to separate savings for specific needs. You’ll be able to name these accounts whatever you want to make it easy to keep track of savings for different goals.
- No minimum opening deposit
- No minimum balance
From flared jeans to flunked tests, most teen blunders bear little consequence on our adult lives. But some things, like bad money habits, can stick with us for decades to come and aren’t so easy to shake off.
Our Teen Checking Account with a debit card can help steer kids in the right direction before spending mistakes become the norm.
- No monthly fees
- Unlimited free ATM transactions+
- Online and mobile banking services, including free text alerts bill pay, mobile deposit and more*
- Free Visa Debit Card with Purchase Rewards
- Direct Deposit (part-time job)
+Although our ATM fees for Young Adult and Teen Accounts are waived for transactions performed at our ATMs and on those in the surcharge-free networks (Alliance One, Co-Op, CUNow, CU24, and STAR) there may be a charge from foreign ATM networks and/or ATM owners. A foreign ATM is defined as not being part of the Credit Union’s surcharge-free ATM networks.
*Data rates may apply.
If you want to earn a higher guaranteed return on your funds than a regular savings account, an Interior FCU Share Certificate is the best savings option.
- Minimum opening deposit is $500
- Terms up to 60 months
Accumulator Share Certificate
Take advantage of our competitive rates with a lower minimum opening deposit. You can add to an Accumulator Share Certificate at any time during the term.
- Open an Accumulator Share Certificate with a minimum of $50
- Add money at anytime with at least $25
- Available for 24 month term