Little Buffalos Accounts – Ages 12 & Under
There is a $25 minimum to open a Little Buffalo account. Once that has been verified, you will receive subscription confirmation within 45 days of account opening.
An Interior FCU member is an Interior FCU member no matter how small. The Little Buffalos Account has been designed for members who are 12 years old or younger.
Steer Your Child to Buffalo-Sized Savings!
Parents love the Little Buffalos Accounts. Are you trying to teach your child the value of a dollar and the importance of saving for special items … by stashing away some of his or her birthday, holiday, and gift money? If so, make a stronger, lasting impression to let them learn by doing – with their own Little Buffalos Account. As a Little Buffalo, your child will learn smart money habits and financial responsibility at a young age.
- We’ll fund your child’s initial $25 deposit^
- They will receive a special quarterly newsletter
- They will get a happy birthday email with a special offer
- If there is a $500 balance in the Little Buffalos Savings on their birthday, $5 will be deposited into that account.
- If there is a $1,000 balance in the Little Buffalos Savings on their birthday, $10 will be deposited into that account.
|$25 - $1,499
|$1,500 and up
Need to save for something specific? A Secondary Savings Account makes it easy to separate savings for specific needs. You’ll be able to name these accounts whatever you want to make it easy to keep track of saving for different goals.
- No minimum opening deposit
- No minimum balance (although account will be closed if it carries a zero balance for 18 months)
Take advantage of our competitive rates with a lower minimum opening deposit. You can add to an Accumulator Certificate at any time during the term.
- Get a Little Buffalo stuffed animal with first Accumulator Certificate!
- Open an Accumulator Certificate with a minimum of $50
- Minimum of $25 for any subsequent deposit
- Available for 24 month term
If you want to earn a higher guaranteed return on your funds than a regular savings account, an Interior FCU Certificate is the best savings option.
- Minimum opening deposit is $500
- Terms up to 60 months
It’s never too early to start teaching your children the basics of money management beginning with elementary school. Find resources from personal finance curriculum to games to teach your young child about the basics of saving and the difference between wants and needs.
For additional information or assistance, please call us at 800-914-8619.
*APY = Annual Percentage Yield. APY is based on the minimum balances of each tier.
Interior Federal Credit Union does not knowingly solicit data from children. Interior Federal Credit Union recognizes that protecting children’s identities and privacy on-line is important, and the responsibility to do so, rests with both online industry and parents. Due to the requirement that all online accounts have an email address associated with them, we are aware that accounts for minors may have active email addresses for the minor or the custodian. Interior Federal Credit Union emails in general never solicit personal or financial information.