Little Buffalos Accounts – Ages 12 & Under
An Interior FCU member is an Interior FCU member no matter how small. The Little Buffalos Account has been designed for members who are 12 years old or younger.
Steer Your Child to Buffalo-Sized Savings!
Parents love the Little Buffalos Accounts. Are you trying to teach your child the value of a dollar and the importance of saving for special items … by stashing away some of his or her birthday, holiday, and gift money? If so, make a stronger, lasting impression to let them learn by doing – with their own Little Buffalos Account. As a Little Buffalo, your child will learn smart money habits and financial responsibility at a young age.
- We’ll fund your child’s initial $25 deposit*
- They will receive a special quarterly newsletter
- They will get a happy birthday email with a special offer
- If there is a $500 balance in the Little Buffalos Savings on their birthday, $5 will be deposited into that account.
- If there is a $1,000 balance in the Little Buffalos Savings on their birthday, $10 will be deposited into that account.
*A minimum balance ($25) must be maintained in Primary Savings Account. Youth Accounts can be established as a custodial account.
Need to save for something specific? A Secondary Savings Account makes it easy to separate savings for specific needs. You’ll be able to name these accounts whatever you want it make it easy to keep track of saving for different goals.
- No minimum opening deposit
- No minimum balance (although account will be closed if it carries a zero balance for 18 months)
If you want to earn a higher guaranteed return on your funds than a regular savings account, an Interior FCU Share Certificate is the best savings option.
- Minimum opening deposit is $500
- Terms up to 60 months
Accumulator Share Certificate
Take advantage of our competitive rates with a lower minimum opening deposit. You can add to an Accumulator Share Certificate at any time during the term.
- Get a Little Buffalo stuffed animal with first Accumulator Share Certificate!
- Open an Accumulator Share Certificate with a minimum of $50
- $25 minimum deposit
- Available for 24 month term
First Phone for Kids is the New Milestone!
It used to be that getting a bicycle was the signifying moment when freedom and the race toward growing up started. Times have changed and thanks to an ever-evolving world, the timeline has accelerated. Now having a phone is the new first step toward independence. Has the topic come up? Are other parents asking you about it?
Don’t wait. Start doing your homework today.
Interior Federal Credit Union does not knowingly solicit data from children. Interior Federal Credit Union recognizes that protecting children’s identities and privacy on-line is important, and the responsibility to do so, rests with both online industry and parents. Due to the requirement that all online accounts have an email address associated with them, we are aware that accounts for minors may have active email addresses for the minor or the custodian. Interior Federal Credit Union emails in general never solicit personal or financial information.
Teen Accounts – Available for ages 13-17