Young Adult Accounts
If you’re between the ages of 18 and 26 years old, Interior FCU wants to help you get a good start to your financial independence!
Don’t worry – this isn’t some “kids’ club” gimmick, it’s straight up savings on our regular products that only young adults like you qualify for. Take advantage of the savings now, because once you turn 27 all of these special offers will be converted over to regular membership.
We’ll fund your initial $25 deposit, which means you don’t have to meet any minimum opening requirement.+
- Same features, benefits, and competitive rates as our Regular Savings Account.
- Online and mobile banking services, including free text alerts, bill pay, mobile deposit and more.
- Minimum balance of $25 must be maintained (we’ll give it to you up front, but you have to keep it in savings).
- This account establishes your membership and gains you access to all of our other products.
We know that sometimes funds are tight, so we offer a checking account that caters to your hungry pockets.
- Annual percentage yield of 3.01% on funds up to $499
- Same rate as Regular Checking on balances of $500 and over
- No monthly fees
- Online and mobile banking services, including free text alerts, bill pay, mobile deposit and more
- Free Visa® Debit Card with Purchase Rewards
- Unlimited free ATM transactions (see our ATM locations)++
- No overdraft fees (transfer fees from savings to cover checking transaction)
- We provide an Oops! Coupon to cover your first official “bounced check fee” (because mistakes happen)
- 2 free boxes of branded checks per year (1 order at a time)
What’s a Share Certificate? It’s basically planned savings that earns you a guaranteed rate of return for a specific period of time. Unlike a savings account, you can’t take funds out of a certificate during the time period you’ve committed to (unless you want to pay a penalty), but the advantage is that you’ll earn higher dividends and there’s no risk of losing your money.
- Minimum $50 to open
- Minimum deposit of $25
- Available for 24 month term
- See more details
Links within this calculator lead to a third party site, Interior FCU does not provide and is not responsible for the product, service, overall website content, security, or privacy policies on any external third-party sites.
For additional information or assistance, please call us at 800-914-8619.
*APY=Annual Percentage Yield.
+A cash incentive from Interior FCU is considered a “bonus” as defined by the NCUA regulations, Truth-in-Savings, Section 707.2(f) and must be reported on IRS form 1099 as dividend income. The bonus will be given when we receive the completed membership application and all required documentation. A minimum balance ($25) must be maintained.
++Although our ATM fees for Young Adult and Teen Accounts are waived for transactions performed at our ATMs and on those in the surcharge-free networks (Alliance One, Co-Op, CUNow, CU24, and STAR) there may be a charge from foreign ATM networks and/or ATM owners. A foreign ATM is defined as not being part of the Credit Union’s surcharge-free ATM networks.
**Standard data fees and text messaging rates may apply.
^Annual Percentage Rate. Offer is subject to change. The 0% rate is in effect for six billing cycles from the beginning of the card issue date. Rate is subject to credit approval.