Card Management Frequently Asked Questions
What is Card Management?
It is a digital banking service that allows you complete control over your debit and credit card transactions. Report a card lost/stolen and order a replacement, turn your card ON and OFF at the click of a switch, block merchants by type, block transactions by type, and even set spending limits. It’s all up to you! You’ll also be able to set spending alerts, so you can stay in the know when it comes to your money.
How Do I Get Started With Card Management?
In Online Banking: Go to Additional Services then click “Card Management” and accept the Terms and Conditions.
In Mobile Banking: Go to the More tab and go to “Card Management” and accept the Terms and Conditions.
As long as you have an active Interior FCU debit or credit card you’ll be able to use this service.
Is There A Fee To Use Card Management?
Card Management is a free service within Online and Mobile Banking, however, message and data rates may apply.
How Do I Activate Alerts On My Phone Or Email Address?
Setting up alerts is a quick process, just follow these steps:
- Login to Online Banking
- Additional Services tab & Mobile Alerts
- Then simply add or update your phone number and/or email address
Unfortunately, no matter how careful you are with your debit or credit card, there is always a chance that fraud can happen. However, Card Management is a great tool to help keep your account safe:
- Alerts– You can set up a number of alerts that will notify you of transactions. Alerts can be setup based on Merchant Type, Transaction Type, Location Type, and even Spend Limits. The credit union encourages you to setup alerts that fits your needs, so that you are aware when unusual transactions are being authorized. Alerts can be sent to your mobile phone and/or email address.
- Decline Rules– Just like alerts, you can setup decline rules based on Merchant Type, Transaction Type, Location Type and Spending Limits. If a transaction doesn’t pass these rules, then it will be automatically declined.
Two rules you may want to consider setting up immediately are decline rules based on Location Type and Spend Limits. Location Type will allow you to decline or authorize foreign transactions. If you rarely travel out of the United States, then you’ll want to consider setting up this decline rule.
Another great rule to consider is Spend Limits. If you rarely make purchases on your debit card for over a set amount, then you can list that. These are just two of the many rules you can use to help protect your debit card and your account.
- Card Status– If you happen to notice an unusual activity on your account, you can immediately turn your card OFF just be toggling the Card Status button. Alternatively, if you later realize the activity on your account is legitimate, then you can toggle the status back to ON.
- Report Lost/Stolen Card– If your card is lost or stolen, report it and then order a replacement card yourself in Card Management.
How Quickly Does The ON/OFF Status (or other limits on my card) Take Effect?
Card Management changes are effective instantly, so you have complete control of your card.
Can I Set Spending Limits?
Yes! To customize spending limits go to Card Management, select Set Declines and Alerts, Spend Limits tab, and list a maximum limit. Any transaction that exceeds your set limit will be declined.
Error Message - No Active Debit or Credit Card
“It appears you do not have an active debit or credit card. If you feel like you received this message in error, please check the Support link in Online Banking to chat or send us a secure email.” If you received this message then your account does not have an active debit or credit card at Interior FCU. If at some point you had a debit or credit card, but it has since been closed or cancelled then you may receive this message.
Is Card Management A Separate App?
Card Management is not a separate app, it is a service offered to Interior FCU members who have debit or credit cards. The Card Controls service is within Digital Banking.
How do I prevent alerts at odd hours?
In your Alert Delivery Options you can designate hours of the day when you want to restrict alerts, this function is known as “Do Not Disturb”. You will be able to set your start time, end time and time zone.
How do I use Push notifications?
From Card Management, select Alert Delivery Options and toggle Push Notifications ON. From within our mobile app, select More, Settings and Push Notifications and enable or disable any push notifications.
Email Authentication isn't working
If you receive the following error message, please enter your email address in all caps. We have identified this as a known issue, it is to be resolved in a future release of card management.