Government Shutdown and Furlough Assistance
We are here to help during the Government Shutdown/Furlough.
We realize that the Government Shutdown/Furlough could cause you financial pressure right now, and we want to offer you some assistance.
We have put together the following products and services*:
1. Shutdown Line of Credit – Net Paycheck up to $15,000**
Interest Free for up to 30 days, or for the duration of the shutdown, whichever is longer; thereafter standard rates will apply.
Member may apply for a limit up to the equivalent of 2 net paychecks.
2. VISA® Credit Card (must be current with your payments)
Ability to skip a payment for February (due February 16th) if you have an Interior FCU VISA Credit Card.
3. If You Have an Existing Personal Line of Credit***
Interior FCU will be lowering the rate on all existing lines of credit to 0% for the duration of the government shutdown, beginning the 3rd business day following the shutdown.
4. Members with existing Holiday Club Accounts
NO PENALTY to withdraw funds during the government shutdown.
5. Members with existing Share Certificates
NO PENALTY to withdraw funds up to $5,000 during the government shutdown.
6. Skip A Pay
Members with a signature loan, auto loan, personal line of credit, or Visa® credit card are eligible to skip their payment without a fee.
To skip a payment on your signature loan, auto loan or personal line of credit simply sign in to Online Banking, Secured Forms tab, and complete the Skip A Payment form. If you are interested in skipping a payment on your Visa® credit card, please contact the credit union by phone at (800) 914-8619.
The Interior Credit Union recognizes that even after the Government shutdown is resolved, our members may still be facing financial hardship due to the continuing furlough. To assist with this, the credit union has developed an additional loan product. Please contact us after the shutdown is resolved for details.
Not an Interior FCU member? Become a member today.
Both branch locations, DC and Reston, are OPEN during the Government Shutdown/Furlough.
For more information, please contact us at 800-914-8619
Please send all loan payments, deposits & correspondence to the following address during the shutdown:
Interior Federal Credit Union
12201 Sunrise Valley Drive
Reston, VA 20192
* The Government Shutdown/Furlough assistance will be provided to members in good standing with the Credit Union. When the Government reopens and/or the furlough is ended, these offers are invalid. You must qualify for the loan(s) under the Credit Union’s normal underwriting standards. Loan(s) are subject to credit approval. Limited-time offers and subject to withdrawal at any time. Rate is effective during the Government Shutdown. Rate is variable and subject to change.
** An interest free loan in the amount of your net paycheck (up to 2 net paychecks) up to $15,000 may be granted during the time of the government shutdown. This loan will be set up as a line of credit. After the shutdown, the line of credit will adjust to the prevailing annual percentage rate (APR). If a member does not qualify for the line of credit, the Credit Union may offer a qualifying member a $500 risk-rated Signature Loan with rates as low as 8.50% APR. Not all applicants will qualify for the lowest rate.
***Beginning the third business day following an event, existing and new unsecured lines of credit shall be reduced to 0% during the length of the shutdown or 30 days, whichever is longer.
These offers may be revoked at any time.