Credit Score & Report
You can check your credit score each time you log into your digital banking! Credit Score is a free service offered by Interior Federal Credit Union. With one click, you can check your credit score, view your credit report, and get up-to-date credit monitoring notifications. You can also find out what affects your score, how you can save money, and how to improve your score or rebuild your credit. It’s just one more way that Interior FCU is looking after you.
To activate and use this free service in the mobile app, tap the “More” button in the bottom right corner. Then, tap “Credit Score.”
Need to enroll in Digital Banking? Click “signup” in the Digital Banking box on the left side of this page.
- Check your credit score daily
- Monitor credit for unusual activity
- Get alerts for changes to your credit
- View your full credit report
- Visualize what affects your credit score
- Simulate how future actions may impact your score
- Dispute items on your credit report
- Get tips on rebuilding credit & saving money
Benefits of Credit Score:
- Stay up-to-date without affecting your credit
- Many people worry that by checking their credit score too much they will see their score drop. Actually, using Credit Score to check your score is what is known as a “soft inquiry,” which does not affect your credit score. Lenders use “hard inquiries” to make decisions about your credit worthiness when you apply for loans.
- Monitor your credit to prevent fraud and identity theft
- Credit Score also monitors your credit report daily and informs you by email if there are any big changes detected such as: a new account being opened, change in address or employment, if a delinquency has been reported or an inquiry has been made. Monitoring helps users keep an eye out for identity theft.
- Common sense tools for managing your credit
- Credit score events help you visualize the relationship of your credit score with payment history, usage, or opening & closing of accounts. Use the credit score simulator to see the potential impact of opening new accounts or paying off balances. This interactive tool will simulate your credit scores before you actually take any actions.
- Try out the simulator to see what might happen if:
- Pay off a credit card
- Take out a new loan
- Miss a payment
- Helpful information to empower you
- Based on your Credit Score information, you may receive helpful articles. The articles, written by Jean Chatzky and the SavvyMoney team, provide helpful tips on how you can manage credit and debt wisely. Our goal is to empower you with the information to make the most out of your money.
Read the FAQs for more information on this new feature.