Updated as of May 06, 2020
We Are Here To Serve You
As of March 18th, our branches are closed. For transactions that are absolutely necessary to be done in person, we will attempt to arrange appointments via 1-800-914-8619. Interior Federal Credit Union’s online and mobile banking app are available 24/7. From the comfort and safety of your home you can handle a majority of your banking needs:
- Check balances
- Transfer funds
- Pay bills
- Deposit checks
- Make loan payments and more.
If you are shopping in public, by adding your debit and credit cards into a digital wallet, you won’t have to handle a plastic card, card reader or pass your card over to a clerk. Simply hold your phone near the reader without touching it. Our shared-branch and ATM network is available for cash needs.
- Member Assistance
- Credit Union Response Plan
- Fraud Precautions
- Financial Education
- Economic Impact Payments
We feel that there is no higher priority than to address this issue by following preventative guidance. We also know that this major health concern may cause some of you a hardship, and as your financial partner, we ask that you please contact us at 800-914-8619 to speak to one of our representatives about options that may be available to you. Here are some of the initial ways we can help:
- Emergency Relief Loan – Now extended until June 30th, members may borrow up to $10,000 for 48 months with rates as low as 4.49% APR* and NO PAYMENTS for 90 days!^ To apply, please click here.
- Skip a Payment on Auto and Signature Loans, as well as Personal Lines of Credit for up to 3 loan payments with NO FEES
- Skip a Payment on Visa credit cards will be offered during June, July and August only.
- ATM Withdrawal Limits have been increased from $500 to $1,000 on all of our ATMs. Our ATM will dispense $600 in one transaction but will then allow you another $400 with a 2nd transaction.
- No penalties on early certificate withdrawals up to $20,000.
- If you own your car free and clear, apply for an auto loan, submit the title, and get a low rate and NO PAYMENTS FOR 90 DAYS.^
- Delayed first payment on ALL vehicle and signature loans up to 90 days until further notice.^
- Personal Lines-of-Credit and our Platinum Credit Card can be used to help stock up on supplies, food, as well as covering for lost time at work when sick leave runs out. With the Fed dropping the Prime Rate, our interest rates on these products are more attractive.
- Contactless Credit Cards are here. We are pleased to offer CONTACTLESS cards so that you only need to Look, Tap, and Go! If you do not currently have an Interior FCU credit card, apply now! If you are a current cardholder, please call 800.914.8619 and a member services representative will assist you. We are currently offering our contactless cards for FREE until further notice.
- Transfer your high interest Credit Cards to Interior FCU with No FEE balance transfers and an intro rate of 2.90% APR for 6 months, then a rate as low as Prime + 4.60% APR for Visa Platinum and as low as Prime + 6.60% APR for Visa Platinum Rewards credit card.
- Consolidate student loans to save more money.
The Credit Union has a comprehensive Business Continuity Plan, which includes a Response Plan to Pandemics, in order to maintain our operations during this crisis. This plan is currently in place and driven by our Senior Management team. Here are some of the decisions we have made:
- Our Annual Meeting, originally scheduled for March 18th, has been postponed to a later determined future date.
- We are limiting in-person meetings and encouraging virtual meetings instead.
- We are limiting employee business travel.
- We have deployed most of our employees to their homes, but have appointments available to members for transactions that can’t be done remotely at the DC branch location.
- Employees who are sick or experiencing any symptoms are required to stay home and encouraged to seek medical advice.
1. What will happen with my mail in deposit or loan payment?
Our staff will retrieve mail from the building facilities several times per week, and will effective date checks to the postmarked date. There will be some delays and we appreciate your patience. A better option during this time would be to download our mobile app from your store, and deposit your check through the mobile deposit option, and then apply it to either a savings, checking, or loan account.
2. How do I pay my loan?
Please deposit your loan payment through our mobile app, and apply it to the loan you want to pay.
3. Are you open?
Yes we are open to serve you from 24/7 through phone and digital channels. Our DC Branch is accepting appointments only for critical items that cannot be done through digital channels.
4. Will you be open next week?
Yes, we are open via digital and voice channels 24/7.
5. What are you doing for members?
Please see our Member Assistance Tab.
6. Are you deferring payments on loans?
Yes, we are offering skip a payments and 90 days with no payments on certain loans. Please see our Member Assistance Tab.
7. My deposits come in automatically, is that still happening?
Yes, electronic transactions are processing normally.
There have been a number of reports of fraud related to the COVID-19 pandemic, in fact, the Better Business Bureau (BBB) Scam Tracker received several reports of Coronavirus scams where individuals were contacted through text messages, social media post/message or phone calls. The Department of Justice has said to be aware that criminals are attempting to exploit COVID-19 worldwide through a variety of scams. Here some tips to help keep the scammers at bay:
- Hang up on robocalls, don’t press any numbers just hang up. In some cases, pressing an option from the robocall will lead to more robocalls.
- Ignore online offers for vaccinations or home test kits. Scammers are trying to get you to buy products that aren’t proven to treat COVID-19.
- Fact check information and make sure you get your info from trusted sources.
- Don’t respond to texts, emails or phone calls about checks from the government.
- Watch for emails claiming to be from Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO), scammers love to pretend to be these types of trusted authorities.
- Do your homework on donations to charities or research during this time.
For more information regarding COVID-19 related scams, check out our blog articles:
Due to COVID-19, we know it has been a challenging time, especially for families with kids. Since schools have been extensively shut down, we have a new resource to offer you through our Financial Wellness vendor. It is called the Family Portal and it offers financial education for students K-12. As many of our own employees know, it is difficult to balance work, school, and now teaching. This is more than financial education and it is available to you right now. Here is how to get started:
- Visit the EVERFI Family Portal
- Select your state
- Select your child’s school name
- receive the full catalog of age-appropriate courses for your child
We hope this resource provides you with valuable information to get through the rest of the school year.
After days of negotiations and last-minute changes, the Senate and the White House have signed a historic $2 trillion stimulus plan to help mitigate the economic fallout of COVID-19. The Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act (CARES) will put cash directly into people’s pockets, provide desperately needed funding for hospitals and help struggling businesses remain afloat in these financially fragile times.
Want to track your Economic Impact Payment? Learn more here.
For more information about Economic Impact Payments, visit the IRS Economic Impact Payment Information Center.
In an effort to keep our members and our staff safe, we are monitoring the developments through the Center for Disease Control and the World Health Organization, and have followed our comprehensive Business Continuity Plan to handle operations during this time.
* APR = Annual Percentage Rate. Rates are based on an evaluation of credit history, so your rate may differ. The APR shown above reflect the current minimum APR offered. The APR may be adjusted based on individual credit standing, term, loan-to-value, debt-to-income ratio and aggregate credit score.
^Interest still accrues during period of “no payment for 90 days”.
Monthly payment for $10,000 at 48 months with a 4.49% APR would be $228.02.
Rates for Signature Loan include a .25% discount if member has an Interior FCU Checking Account, Direct Deposit (minimum $500/month), Visa Debit Card and E-statements.