September 10, 2019
All You Need to Know About Mobile Deposit
In a world where you can order almost anything through your mobile phone — from a new pair of shoes to a dining room table to tickets to a Caribbean cruise — it only makes sense that Interior FCU offers mobile banking services for our members. You can now check your account balance and transfer funds between accounts, all from the comfort of your home or while on the road.
One of the most convenient features we offer through our mobile banking service is Mobile Deposit. There’s no need to squeeze a trip down to a branch into your busy schedule. All it takes to deposit a check is a few minutes of your time and a phone that has internet access.
What is mobile deposit?
Just like it sounds, mobile deposit is a way for you to deposit a check into your Interior FCU Checking or Savings Account from a distant location using your smartphone or another mobile device that has internet access. You can be practically anywhere in the world and make your deposit at any time of day or night.
The process is remarkably simple:
- You’ll sign into mobile banking and prepare your check for deposit. Make sure to sign the back and put “For Mobile Deposit only at Interior FCU”.
- Tap the “Mobile Deposit” icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose which account to deposit the check to.
- Enter the amount of the check.
- Tap the “Camera” icon and your phone will guide you through snapping a picture of both the front and the back of the check.
- When done, click on deposit.
It’s that easy.
The benefits of Mobile Deposit
It’s not just another errand crossed off your list. Here are some of the benefits you’ll enjoy by using this amazing electronic service:
- Convenience. You’re no longer bound by regular business hours. As mentioned, you can now make your deposit anywhere, and at any time.
- Accuracy. There’s no room for errors when it comes to mobile deposit. You’ll be asked to confirm the check amount in case the character-recognition software is not reading it correctly. On the small chance that an error occurs, you’ll still have the physical check, which you can then deposit at Interior FCU.
Some facts you may not know about Mobile Deposit:
A. Deposit limits. For your safety, most financial institutions put a cap on how much you can deposit in one go. At Interior FCU, you can deposit no more than $5,000 on any one (1) day.
B. Bounced checks. Just like a confirmed check deposit can end up bouncing several days later, if we are unable to collect the funds, a mobile deposit can also be returned for the same reason.
C. Holds on checks. While you can make your deposit at 3 a.m. if you’d like, any checks deposited after our evening cutoff of 3 p.m. will be placed on hold until the next business day. We will then complete the deposit and make your funds available to you.
But is it safe?
If you’re worried about sending a personal check through the airwaves, you can rest easy. Your safety is always our priority, and we take multiple precautions for ensuring your personal information is protected throughout the mobile deposit process.
Our mobile app does not store your check images in your phone. As soon as your check has been submitted, the image will be erased from your phone and stored only in our own software. There’s no need to worry about someone picking up your phone and helping themselves to your check.
If you haven’t already done so, try Interior FCU Mobile Deposit with your next check. It’s quick. It’s easy. And it’s safe. You’ve got nothing to lose but one more errand crossed off your to-do list. Try it today! Learn more about this service on our website.
RELATED: Track Spending – Money Management
Want more credit union information?
Subscribe to eNews